Saturday, August 17, 2024

Memory & effort - HH Bharati Teertha mahaswamigal

Source: Memorable Moments With a Magnificent sage


Enlightening Encounters


A devotee approached His Holiness and submitted a question on a particular topic in the Shastra. His Holiness said, "I don't remember the answer right now and I shall refer to the book and tell you." The devotee was surprised and asked, "I am not able to believe that Your Holiness could ever forget anything." His Holiness said, "I do not at any time take any effort to remember or forget anything. Whatever this mind wants to remember, it remembers and whatever it chooses to erase, it goes ahead with that. I am just a witness. Where is the question of My effort here?"


A perfect demonstration of detachment!


The book deals with anecdotes of Jagadguru Sri Bharathi Theertha Mahaswamin

No comments:

Post a Comment