Monday, August 2, 2021

Darshan - HH Bharati Teertha Mahaswamigal

*Source: Illuminating Interactions*
 
*The book deals with the anecdotes of Jagadguru Sri Bharathi Theertha Mahaswamin*
 
4. A gentleman came for Acharyal's Darshan during one of His tours. Overcome by pride, he wished to impress His Holiness with his spiritual achievements and receive His praise.
 
H.H: How do you spend your time?
 
He: I spend most of the time in a temple near my house.
 
H.H: Oh, that's good. What do you do there at the temple? 
 
He: I just stand before Ambal and enjoy Her Darshan.
 
H.H So, when was your last visit to the temple?
 
He: Prior to my visit here.
 
H.H: Well, can you recollect the colour of the saree worn by
Ambal today?
 
He: I cannot, Guruji.
 
H.H: What does She hold in Her hands?
 
He: I am not sure.
 
H.H: Did you notice the ornaments that adorned Her?
 
He: Not really.
 
H.H: (Smiling) What then did you mean by Darshan?
 
His pride completely shattered, the man remained speechless. The great Guru compassionately advised, "I appreciate your intention to achieve perfection in your spiritual path. However, one requires a methodical approach to reach the goal. At the temple, cultivate a strong thought that Ambal is very much present there. Try to visualise Her live presence and converse with Her. Appreciate Her ornaments. Praise Her to your heart's content. This Bhavana coupled with Bhakti will gradually make your mind fit to receive the Truth. My blessings are always with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment