Wednesday, October 16, 2019

BURN, FIRE, BURN

Courtesy:http://www.yabaluri.org/Web%20(1978%20-%202008)/burnfireburnjul81.htm

BURN, FIRE, BURN

 

PURASU BALAKRISHNAN

 

Burn, Fire, Burn,

burn the wood, O Fire!

Before your licking tongues

atrembling stands Desire!

 

O the mystic burning Fire

and the cowering timorous Life!

O the visions and premonitions

that pierce me like a knife!

 

O the wonder, the wonder;

I am food. I am food!

I am food like the fire-wood

that is crackling in the fire!

 

Aham annam abam annam*

 

I am food, I am food!

O the wonder

of life burning to food

and food waking to life!

O food that is Brahman!

 

Annam brahmaiti vyajanath**

 

Know thou Food is Brahman.

 

* From Taittirrya Brahmana2-8-8

** From Taittiriya Upanishad, Bhrigu Valli

 

No comments:

Post a Comment