Friday, October 4, 2019

Care or control - Positive story

*Care or Control ??*

I was in a  a consultation with a middle age couple.They started fighting right in front of me.  

The upset husband said- See doc....I 'care' so much for her & this is what I get in return..

To which the fuming wife replied- He doesn't care...he just 'controls'...!

The *care* from one person was perceived as *control* by another ! 

Made me think...what is care and what is control?? 

How to identify them??

Soon I received the answer.

I had an argument with my teenage daughter over a trivial disciplinery issue...

Harsh words were exchanged leaving both of us in tears...😪

After sometime, as our emotions settled down , we said sorry to each other...

My daughter hugged me  
and said-Papa ,you know why you got upset?  

You were not  upset because I did wrong..but u were upset because I didnt follow your instructions....there is a big difference..!

I was stunned with her mature thinking pattern. ..

I received my answer too... 

I was trying to control her under the disguise of care...that caused the conflict ....

If I really 'care' from someone , I will not get upset or angry with that person...

I will keep searching different ways to help him..

If I am struggling in any relationship...

I need to closely observe if there is any subtle  control hidden behind my apparent care...because 

Care is an expression of love while control is an expression of ego...~~(@

Control cuts...Care connects ...

Control hurts...Care heals...

_Keep caring for people but dont control them ... because_

_Often people are not wrong...they are just 'different'..._

_*Keep caring... 😊*_

No comments:

Post a Comment