Thursday, January 17, 2019

Oru Neram Thozhuthu Mandangumbol Thonnum - Song on Lord Guruvayurappa

Namaskaram

Am glad to share a song on Lord Guruvayurappa. The lyrics are so simple yet it carries a profound impact on you.

The lyrics are in Malayalam composed by Sri Chowalloor Krishnankutty. Hope you remember we have shared his song earlier Oru Neram Engilum some time back.

Thanks to Sri V.S. Krishnan for translating the song enabling us to enjoy the song, its lyrical beauty and remember the Lord of Guruvayur.

Have a divine Sunday and wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous Pongal.

Pranams

Anand Vasudevan
13th Jan 2019
Dharumamigu Chennai
--------------------------

Oru Nearm Thozhuthu Madangumbol Thonnum
Composer - Sri Chowalloor Krishnankutty

Translation courtesy - Sri V.S. Krishnan

Oruvattam Koodi Thozhenamennu
Oruvattam koodi thozhumbozhum thonnum
Ithuvare Thozhuthathu Porennu
Akathaaril Nirayumee Anupama Nirvruthi 
Guruvaayoor Ambalathinkal Maathram

When I come back, after worshiping, I feel I should make one more round and when I make one more round, I feel the worship is not enough. This state of bliss and fulfillment is experienced only at Guruvayur.

Nirmaalyam Darshichu Nilkkum Neram Thonnum
Anivaaka Charthum Thozhenamennu 
Anivaakachaarthil Nee Mathimarakke Thonnum
Alankaara Poja Thozhenamennu
Akathaaril Perukunnoree Vichaaram Innum
Guruvaayoor Ambalathinkal Maathram

When I stand before Him and watch the Nirmalya Darshanam, I would yearn for watching the Ani Vaka Charthu too. When I am immersed and forget myself while marveling the beauty of Ani Vaka Charthu, I feel I should watch the Puja offered to the decorated Lord.

Sandhyakku Thozhuthu Nilkkumbol Thonnum
Enthoru Bhangi En Kannanennu 
Aa Bhangi Nukarumbol Aarkum Thonnum 
Kannan Maadi Vilikkukayaano Ennu
Akathaaril Eeyoru Madhu Nirayunnathu
Guruvaayoor Ambalathinkal Maathram

When I stand worshipping in the evening before the God I keep wondering how beautiful my Krishna is!
As that beauty is enjoyed, everyone would feel Krishna is beckoning him. This experience of imbibing the nectar of grace is derived only at Guruvayur.

Krishan Krishna Hare Krishan Krishna Hare Krishan Krishna Hare Govindha
Krishan Krishna Hare Krishan Krishna Hare Krishan Krishna Hare Govindha

Translation by Sri V.S. Krishnan

Sri Unni Menon


Short clip on Sri Chowaloor Krishnankutty the composer of this song
www.mathrubhumi.com/tv/Programs/Episode/28349/life-and-times-of-chowalloor-krishnankutty-ee-vazhitharayil-episode-159/E

Read more: http://amrithavarshini.proboards.com/thread/1338/oru-nearm-thozhuthu-madangumbol-thonnum#ixzz5cqjePEXu
  

No comments:

Post a Comment