Friday, July 6, 2018

Classic insults

*When Insults Had Class*😀😎
***********************

*There was a time when words w ere used beautifully. These glorious insults and wit !!*

The exchange between Churchill and Lady Astor:
She said, "If you were my husband, I'd give you poison!!"
and he said, "If you were my wife, I'd take it."

😴💤💤🐊

Gladstone, a Member of Parliament, to Benjamin Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows, or of some unspeakable disease."
"That depends, sir", said Disraeli, "On whether I embrace your policies, or your mistress."

😴💤💤🐊

"He has all the virtues I dislike, and none of the vices I admire."
 - Winston Churchill

😴💤💤🐊

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."
 - Clarence Darrow

😴💤💤🐊

"He has never been known to use a word, that might send a reader to the dictionary."
 - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

😴💤💤🐊

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it."
 - Moses Hadas

😴💤💤🐊

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
 - Mark Twain

😴💤💤🐊

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends."
 - Oscar Wilde

😴💤💤🐊

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend . . . if you have one."
 - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night; will attend second . . . ,
if there is one."
 - Winston Churchill, in response.

😴💤💤🐊

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope, it's nothing trivial."
 - Irvin S. Cobb

😴💤💤🐊

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
- Samuel Johnson

😴💤💤🐊

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
 - Oscar Wilde

😴💤💤🐊

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts .. . . for support rather than illumination."
 - Andrew Lang

😴💤💤🐊

Keep Smiling 🤔😀💐

No comments:

Post a Comment