AVani Avitta (Upakarma) Manthras for Yajur, Rig and Samaveda in the year 2015.
I have been giving every year the Upakarma procedure for the past 15 years for the use of people who are not able to get a priest for guiding them in the procedure. Since such eventuality would mostly occur in case of people living abroad, along with Sankalpa I have been giving the duration of the Thithi and Nakshatra and the time when it changes so that according to time difference from India , they can modify their Sankalpas.
Avani avittam or Upakarma is definitely not the change of Poonal as indicated by a popular TV serial recently. The Change of Poonal is only a purificatory ceremony which is a prelude to the Upakarma procedure . Once the Yagnopavita is changed , the Brahmin prays God to pardon all the minor and major sins that he has done during the previous one year. This is followed by a Vedic procedure which aims to satisfy the Devas , Rishis and Pithrus by giving them Arghyam.After this the Brahmin starts reading the Vedas. The Chanting of the Vedas should be done under guidance of a Guru who has learned to chant Vedas , definitely not by reading it but hearing and repeating it properly. Because of this I have not been giving the Vedas in English script.
Yajur Vedis do upakarma on the Pournami day of the Sravana month. For Rig Vedis , Pournami is not important but Sravana star is important . .The Sama Vedis observe Upakarma during the Hastha Nakshatra of the avani month.This year there are two opinions when the Rig Vedis should do Upakarma. Majority of the people feel that it should be on 28th August but a few feet that it should be on 24th September. I have given manthras for both cases for this year. Please follow the date recommended by your family priest(Acharya).I have not been able to get the Upakarma Manthras for Bodhayana Suthra and Shukla Yajurveda and so I have not put them. But I have given the Bodhayana Brahma Yajna procedure in the end of Yajurvedi Upakarma manthras. Large number of people put Upakarma manthras on line .Some of them even putr it in Devanagari and some in Tamil. People who would prefer that should wait and search for these after about a month. The upakarma manthras put by me can be got from the following URl's.
1.Yajur Veda Upakarma Manthras 2015(29-8-2015) -- http://brahminrituals.blogspot.in/2015/07/yajur-vedi-avani-avittam-manthras-for.html
2,Rig Veda UPakarma Manthras 2015 (28-8-2015) - http://brahminrituals.blogspot.in/2015/07/rig-vedi-avani-avittam-manthras-for.html
3.Rig Veda Upakarma Manthras 2015 (24-9-2015) - http://brahminrituals.blogspot.in/2015/07/rig-vedi-avani-avittam-for-year-2015-24.html
4.Sama Veda Upakarma - http://brahminrituals.blogspot.in/2015/07/sama-veda-upakarma-prayoga-for-year-2015.html
May God bless you all .
3. Rules and rituals of Brahmins: http://brahminrituals.blogspot.com/
4. Raja Thatha's Blogs : http://rajathathablog.blogspot.com/
5. 100 Kerala temples: http://rajathathaskeralatemples.blogspot.com/
6. 100 Village gods of Tamil Nadu : http://villagegods.blogspot.com/
7. Stories and rhymes for children: http://raja-thatha-corner.bizhat.com/
8. Stories illustrating Malayalam Proverbs : http://www.sakthifoundation.org/~sakthi/images/uni5/pdf/English-PDF/Intelligence-Education/Uni5-Education/2-Elementary-Age-5-to-8/Languages-Elementary-%20Age%205%20to%208/Proverbs/Malayalam%20proverbs%20English%20translation.pdf
9. Translation of Narayaneeyam: http://narayaneeyamtrans.blogspot.com/
10. Thunjathu Ezhuthachan's Adhyathma Ramayana : http://rajathathas.blogspot.in/
11. Valmiki Ramayanam in English http://english